Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Payton's Week...

I hope you are settled and ready to read for a minute. :) I don't even know where to begin, but basically something is wrong and they aren't sure what. We have been back and forth so many times between Peds and the UNM hospital, I am ready to scream! Each claiming it's not our area, but oh something is defiantly wrong! So on Monday we were told "take her to the ER at UNM, they will see her and they will do all kinds of testing on her" so we headed down there, for Hours mind you.
After testing, poking, and prodding, they still have no clue what is wrong, but this whole time her heart rate has stayed very strong at 150! Sometimes spiking to 168, then dropping to 110.....none of these things being normal. Meanwhile my poor Payton starts "crying" (she's making the sounds but is dehydrated so there are no tears) and tells me her Panza (tummy in Spanish) hurts I lift her shirt and sure enough she is having an allergic reaction to the leads and tapes! Keep in mind, I told them upon admission that she is highly allergic to different things as simple as band aids, so did they think these would be ok? Sure Mrs. Cooper!
One of the "best" things I discovered they have the wrong girl in the wrong records! When they were discussing certain things in the records I thought that is not Payton, that is what they did to T! So I went through them..... Ohhhhhhh there are papers in "Payton's" records that are Aspens, Paytons and Trinitys! So I did get ahold of their pediatrician yesterday and told him they need to sit me at a big table with all 3 girls records and let me fix them, which he urgently agreed with! He said that is what I was afraid of! She is home for now while we see what needs to be done, they are meeting about her today which is good. Prayer is a powerful thing and while she is not 100% or even 75% she does appear to be doing better! The 2 bags of I.V. fluid did wonders for her I imagine. We decided to give her body a break and took all her leads and monitors off for now, (they know it stays that high all the time) and her body needs to heal at least alittle bit. Thank You for reading my venting! We are frustrated, and this relieves a tiny bit of my stress :)

 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Leslie said...

OH my gosh!!! Jody!!!!! Poor little Payton!!!!!!! man, what an ordeal you guys have been going through!!!!!!! that is just rediculous that they had her records mixed up with her sisters!! I would freak out!!!! but then again I don't have twins or triplets to know about that. Still they are the professionals they should have all their records etc.. with the correct patient! that can be very scary!!!!!!!!! I would be out of my mind!!! What a strong little girl!!! I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers!! I am going to call our temple today so that she get's a TON prayers!! I am also alergic to adhesive tape! man, try to stay strong! especially for little payton! I am sure you are anyway. But I agree you do need to sit down with the dr. and get their records straightend out!!! makes you wonder how many other's they may have mixed up!!?? thanks for the venting! I don't mind. I've had a tough 2 weeks myself!! with a neighbor last week getting his throat slashed by his roommate and my husband and I taking care of him till the medics got out to the sceen!! he lived!!! it's amazing but he's out of the hospital and doing good and we just found out yesterday the roommate was charged with 4 different accouts and one being attempted murder!!! so I have been dealing with that drama and my own personal drama!!!! =( hang in there!!! keep us posted! =)

Ali said...

Poor Payton! Hugs!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Oh Jody! I am so sorry that they haven't been able to figure out anything with her! I hope and pray that they can find the perfect doctor for her soon that can figure this whole mess out and get her well again! Thanks for keeping all of us updated and give her big hugs and kisses from me! I am going to pass this along to my father in law and his church-he is a Pastor! Also to others that we know so I will keep looking for updates!

Lesley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal...Lord..if they can't even get the records straight...makes you question if they can care for your precious baby...I'm sending lots of prayers your way...and I'm sure that the right diagnosis will come...those pictures...I feel so bad she had to go through all that...you are one strong mama....

Maggie said...

That poor, poor baby!! I'm so sorry for what you guys are going through, Jody!! Bless her little heart. I can't believe no one can figure out what is wrong. That has got to be the most frustrating thing in the whole world!!! Jody I am praying for her and I just know that God will work a miracle on her heart and lead you guys to the right doctors to find some much needed answers quickly!!!

Hang in there! I'll be thinking about you guys!!

Amber said...

Oohh poor Payton! When you said "allergic reaction" I was imagining some red skin, but nothing like that. Wow. Poor kid. I hope you can get her figured out soon.

Marie said...

Oh Jody I am so sorry and poor Payton! It really doesn't surprise me that their records were mixed up, but at the same time they should have been more careful not to do that! You guys are always in our prayers. We hope Payton gets better soon and they find out what to do for her. Keep us posted! We miss you guys a lot and wish we were closer so we could help!

Norma said...

Awwww poor baby, Sweet little Payton I pray that they find something real soon what is causing her little heart to beat like that and I pray that her little body recover from all the terriable reactions she is getting from those stupid tapes on her "PANZA"
Norma

"Its so easy to compare ourselves and our families to some fictional expectation. Its much harder to listen to God's urgings and be content with how He wants us to be." Carla~
Related Posts with Thumbnails